Sunday 26 April 2009

If The Brakeman Turns My Way


Sheep at Sunset


Across the Bay



All Boats Leak a Little


Guys.
Its been too long - what have I been doing??? Not writing blogs thats what!
There has been quite a lot going on. I have agonised and I mean agonised over so many things of late that its untrue. How can one man prevaricate so profusely......easily, I should say.

Lets get down to business and pick over the corpse of the last seven weeks:
  • My football team is safe - Barrow AFC will once again be plying their trade in the Blue Square Premier league, this is a monstrous and remarkable achievement. I express my thanks and gratitude to all concerned.
  • I have agonised then agonised some more over selections to display in the Gallery for this years Spring Fling www.spring-fling.co.uk The selections have been made, the order has now been placed - the torment is now over!! Making selections, such as these, are really difficult - I now need to feel reassured that I thought long and hard over it and cut no corners.
  • After having some seriously good feedback regarding the Gallery, its 'feel' and layout I intend having a fairly robust revamp to freshen the place up a bit. I guess after being open now for nearly a year it was inevitable that I would slip into bad habits and allow myself to become rather sloppy. Having someone in to offer a critical appraisal was welcome and very helpful - cheers Colin!
  • I also had the good fortune to call in on fellow photographers Ted and Morag up in Dalry - refreshingly normal and 'ticketless' people - nice! I shared an Earl Grey, croissants (can you pluralise croissant??) and blether, 'twas great. And, and, and most importantly not a mention of focal lengths, apertures, lenses or locations - bliss. Cheers guys!
  • There was also the not small matter of the Spring Fling taster exhibition which took place recently in Dumfries (before travelling across the region to Stranraer). This was a first for me - it was significant coup by the Fling committee to have the Culture Minister for Scotland present at this launch to deliver the keynote address and launch the whole event. I must say from a personal standpoint this took me out of my comfort zone due, in part, to the quality and depth of talent on display and the experience of being there! I think its good to be taken from ones comfort zone and hopefully when in the same position again I might be able to relax and actually enjoy it!!!
  • I also had a lovely experience when one of my old teachers called in to the Gallery! Do you call ex-teachers 'sir' still? Nah, I plumped for the first name informality, which was well received. It was great to catch up and offer advice and support in Lindsays well-advanced photographic hobby.
Unfortunately, the opportunity to actually get out there with my camera has not been too forthcoming hopefully over the next few weeks the chance will arise and I'll go get dirty.

Until next time go easy readers and have fun.
Regards
phil


Joe, Alex and me at Barstobric (I'm on the left!)

3 comments:

  1. HiPhil

    Good to have you back in the land of blog.

    Well done Barrow....Dan is very happy to get AFC Wimbledon that little bit closer!!

    Love the sheep in the sunset....I'm sure what you've chosen for SF will be great and I hope you have a fantastic weekend
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda, hope its going well for you. Tell Dan he's got a lift down sorted for the Barrow versus Dons game next season, the return journey might not be guaranteed though!!
    Be good
    Regards
    phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Barrow AFC!!!
    Best wishes for next season, hope they can maintain stability and chalk up an improved finish!!!
    Matty

    ReplyDelete