Saturday 17 January 2009

Working my way back to you, babe!



Hiya,
As visitors to my updated and revamped website may note there are still no new uploads to my 'Recent Upload' gallery - slack, very slack the baying crowd cries and I would have to agree with them. But wait, the boy Phil has some defence to offer..........Alex has slept barely two hours the last two nights and is struggling, nay, stricken by one of those coughs which is as dry as a bone and as troublesome as toothache! I even went back to bed this morning for an hour or so - I felt like some melodramatic Victorian middle-class type!
So, there's one excuse, another I'd like to offer up is that I LOVE WINTER and there have been some really special days up here of late (I type this as a raging bugger of a storm is brewing - but fear not as the wood and coal is in) and I've been fortunate to take advantage of one or two of them. Hence I'm struggling to limit uploads to fifty or so from the last two months, I'm currently down to ninety-four and struggling to thin it down further. One thing that is always apreciated is when people give feedback anout my 'recent images' this helps me have a more objective view of my work and assists in finding out what others think. I do ask for Louise's opinion and welcome her thoughts - I also ask my mother (Nancy) when she visits and her feedback is always "Ohh, I like that one" to just about every image - mothers, eh, don't you just love them (I know I do)!
I guess I'll get there but I really don't enjoy sidelining images that I really like. There are a couple on this blog which are teetering on the precipice....
My third excuse, is, as you may be aware, that the painters have been in - well, painter actually, Brian - who has done a great job of the hall, stairs, landing, ceilings by removing a load and I mean a load of woodchip from before the time of the Ark! He's a brave man and he's done it, re-lined, emulsioned and painted all five doors upstairs in the time it'd take me to do one or two panels - I feel he'll be back for more of the same at some point - cheers, Brian!!! (Brian also had the added distraction of Alex, who appeared enthralled by every step of the process - he also interupted Brian while he was lining the ceiling to show him his hopping - how cool is that!!!)

Right, I've got my excuses in and I'm off to tune-in to AFC, here's hoping that we can start collecting some terribly needed points.
Be Good.
Love
phil

4 comments:

  1. That pic at the top of your blog is amazing! Lovely lovely lovely. And those stepping stones, faabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Han, they're both new ones - so its double nice to hear you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil!!!!!
    Love the bottom pic (not the topless Macca one!!!!). It captures a personal perspective of the view, makes me feel as if I could've taken it myself.... if that makes sense!!! At least it does to me, as a drunken student at 6am!!!
    Played a gig worth 10% of my degree this week with my 11 piece blaxploitation funk band
    (One Pimp short of a Dozen :-D )
    It was filmed for evaluation purposes, but it will be available to me, along with a desk mix, so I'll send you a copy!
    If it's not completely awful I'll probably put it on youtube or something!
    Hope everything's cool man, its been too long!!!

    Love Matty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Matt
    Cracking to hear from you - would love to hear your piece, it'll be good I have no doubt at all, simply because you're good!
    Big Love to you
    Phil

    ReplyDelete